West End Trading Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Agreement with The City of Torcadino - IC

Go down

Trade Agreement with The City of Torcadino - IC Empty Trade Agreement with The City of Torcadino - IC

Post by Karma Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:38 pm

(06/04/17 12:01)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.
| Admninstrator | Torcadino | Imagine Chat |

-- Is at the open-air seating within the center of the Market --
says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: Now that was something to see, a free woman laughing at what seemed to be nothing at all. I had to rub my eyes because generally they were leering (which meant they were probably passing gas), or giggling like a slave girl, or ogling where they shouldn't be, or other such behavior generally inappropriate. I waited until you sat, then spoke "Tal, Lady, seems your day is going well." My own lips remained in a firm line, impassive, something that I tended to do even when highly amused.

(06/04/17 12:04)
-+To Thine Own Self Be True+-

West End Trading Post, PoD

says to ...Audere est Facere....: Those light hues would shift to where I had heard the sound of a voice, and lo and behold it was actually to me you were speaking. I looked over your briefly, trying to gauge whether or not I had met you somewhere before, perhaps in passing.. that addressing of my eyes to your person also trying to see where you might hail from. But alas, I was left bereft of such privileged information. I drew the cup down from my lips and a smile mildly perched itself there before offering "Tal" in return, a brief nod of my head given ".. and it goes well enough. It would go better if there were more trade agreements to be had"

(06/04/17 12:09)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: I took another drink of water, then set the drinking bowl back upon the table. Impressed, in comparison to another woman who practically wagged her tongue to make sure I knew both her real name and her pet name, you had given neither and notably neither did you give your homestone. Smart woman, I thought with a small smile that widened some at the mention of trade. Torcadino was a hub city of trading, so naturally this would give some interest from me. "Tradinig?" I inquired, tapping my finger upon the bowl in front of me. "You are a merchant, then?" I asked, though I couldn't detect the bold colors that most merchants liked to wear as if to broadcast their wealth.

(06/04/17 12:16)

says to ...Audere est Facere....: The fingers of both hands curled about my cup as if I were cradling it, the warmth seeping into those fingers. I was very guarded and quite wary, so there was nothing on me to indicate that I was - perhaps - nothing more than a low caste woman as I wore a tunic and breeches with a cloak that laid over it all. "Of a nature of sorts" I said in reply, gaze flicking to that smile you afforded before moving to the tapping of your fingers. The thought of money always drew interest "and yes.. trading. You can only get so much from your sources before you need to ... expand" and then I smiled in return.

(06/04/17 12:28)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: The fact that you wore breeches left me to wonder if you were a panther woman in disguise, or some other form of outlaw. It was such an attire that might warrant you a place in the cages, but I shrugged it off. I wasn't in the mood to tackle a woman, at least in that manner, so I chuckled low. "I see," I said, lifting a hand to stroke my chin and consider your words carefully. "Well, trading is something that is of interest, for the good of my city." I said nothing further but waved over a passing slave, handing her a coin and sending her off for a tankard of ale. "I'm Verdict of Torcadino," I said, not yet revealing that I was administrator of said city. "I'm not sure if you've ever ventured in the area, but we are a hub city of trade, with merchants from all over, as far south as the Tahari as well as merchants north of the Vosk. What is it that you're looking to trade?"

(06/04/17 12:37)

says to ...Audere est Facere....: I was quite still where I sat, noting the washing of your gaze. Was that disapproval I saw flicker there in regards to my attire. The fringe of the center of the market wasn't the only thing I dallied in, but it wasn't in disrespect of customs or norms, but because of where I lived and what I did. If a woman could be said to have honour, then what I did was quite honourable indeed. And while I no longer donned on the robes and layers of my caste (because such was highly impractical in the middle of nowhere in the wilds of the forests), my propriety remained intact. I glimmer of.. something.. entered my own gaze as you spoke of Torcadino and once upon a time, in my lifetime, I had visited Torcadino. Marvelous city with their mosaic walls and aqueducts and the thought of trade with such a hub left me almost dizzy. Outwardly I contained my excitement, offering that bit of a smile once more "I am Karma, of the West End Trading Post." of course Karma was my use name, my real name known to a very, very few. "I'm looking for textiles. Rugs, embroidered cloths, silks, and satins and the like.. "

(06/04/17 12:49)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: Whether my scrutiny made you uncomfortable or not, I gave no inclination to the fact that it really mattered not what a woman thought, for men were the rulers of this world, regardless of a woman's station. It was always amusing to watch females squirm, be it physically, or mentally, and I held my practiced gaze upon you as you spoke. Then I broadened my smile somewhat and set my hands upon the table, the slave returning with the tankard and so I lifted a hand to grasp the handle and take a good swig. "Then, you're in luck. Being on the crossroads of the Treasure Road and Silk Road---" And then some, I mentally added, before continuing, "--- as well as the proximity of the river nearby, we take in quite a number of goods of that nature, the soft linens and sturdy rugs of the Tahari, the exquisite silks and other cloth work. In fact, you name it, it would be available in Torcadino." The name you gave me, it was unusual, as well my own, which was not my use name. Such were for the likes of low castes with superstitions. "We are in the market for some competition in the vineyards. While we have our own vineyards, there is often demand for variations to the crops and therefore, the ultimate prize of said crops. Slaves are always in market for our citizenry as well. Good slaves, not the usual that run around from collar to collar, or ridiculously without a collar."

(06/04/17 01:03)

says to ...Audere est Facere....: I wasn't a mind reader and didn't pretend to be and my eyes moved from your face to your hands as you rested them upon the table. You could tell a lot about a person from their hands. As you spoke of luck, my gaze flicked upward to return to your face as you continued, not bothering make mental note because I knew well the wealth that could be afforded by your city. Unbeknownst to all but a few, my use name was out of necessity, not superstition or of low caste and those reasons were of my own. I rather preferred to be thought of as simple and superstitious, it lent me greater insight - as it often does when someone thinks you beneath them. "Slaves of what you require are far and few in between" but I did want to trade for the textiles and I had money to provide for them "Do you use the rivers to the Thassa for any of your trade?"

(06/04/17 01:13)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: I gave no further thought to appearance because again, it was not worth the exertion required, and I was in a good mood today, despite that my slave was off on a mission with her father rather than with me. I knew she enjoyed the work he employed her in and felt she deserved a bit of a change of scenery for all of her hard work. My other two slaves, well, they were failing on various levels and one I considered selling off perhaps. Still I listened as you spoke and after taking another draw of the ale, I set the tankard back down and considered your words. "Indeed, good slaves are not easy to find, but I have other resources for that trade. I'm looking more for various vintages of wines, perhaps some from Ar, or the island of Cos, if you have opportunity?" I thought about your question and again gave a slight chuckle. "We are not easily accessible to either rivers, so part of the journey must be made by wagon, I'm afraid, but I do know of merchants who make the travels on the Genesian Road or up to one of the port towns along the Vosk to ship goods. From there, shipment to Thassa would be possible."

(06/04/17 01:14)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: (sorry am having dinner and had to settle my wife back to her bed)

(06/04/17 01:20)

says to ...Audere est Facere....: [quite okay] As you queried, I looked from the Captain and over to you.. my mind drifting to the stores of wines and spirits we held in our warehouses. I gave a thoughtful nod and looked to you more fully "I have opportunity, yes" very much so. I pondered the expense that would be undertaken for such a business venture with the City, but at least it wasn't as far as Tor or Turia. "I think I would like very much to embark upon a trade agreement with your city, if you are amenable to the idea?"

(06/04/17 01:24)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: I would be intrigued at the goods you'd be able to come up with, the wines that those of my city enjoyed imbibing in. I had a scrupulous citizenry whom were expert at spotting fraudulent goods, but I felt that you were actually being quite honest. "That would suit me well, Karma. I believe both of our homes could profit from such an agreement. I will have my head scribe, Daphne, draw up some contracts for you to review, if that's amenable."

(06/04/17 01:30)

says to ...Audere est Facere....: I was certain, that if you inquired, you'd find that I was absolutely honest. Quite a few entertained trade with me and we all benefited well from it. I nodded to your words "I look forward to reading over it" Scribe was my caste, though that knowledge was also known to few, although - truth be told - to watch me work it wouldn't be rocket science to figure it out. I noticed you regard and greet Dhal and genuine smile settled upon my mouth "You know the Captain? His port has an agreement with the post as well. We do business together quite frequently" if you needed a reference, there was one to be had

(06/04/17 01:37)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: Considering that I too, was a Scribe, there was a nuance amongst the caste that was easy to spot, while at other times not so much due to the differences of occupation within the caste. Mine had always been on the legal side which was what qualified my rise to my current appointment. Then again, mere merchants have been known to be made Administrator. It was rare to find a woman in charge of a city, but not unheard of. To your question, I gave a nod, "Yes, we are acquainted," and then reached for my pack and withdrew a scroll along with a pot of ink and a quill. I began to write upon the blank scroll, then at the bottom gave signature. I didn't have access to my usual seal so I fairly well mimicked it with ink, then while the ink dried closed up the pot of ink and looked at you. "Until then, here are papers that can be shown to the city guard upon entry by any of your group, to provide them clearance into the city without question," I said. While we were at peace now, and the strict guildelines of allowing unpapered strangers into the city had become lax, there were still specific militant groups the guards were always on the watch for, and therefore they did insist on papers just for the modicum of ritual.

(06/04/17 01:46)

says to ...Audere est Facere....: My father had been a lawyer, while my mother had been a scribe for the city I had grown up in. I had been born into my caste, as had most. I watched you quietly, giving an inner laugh as you withdrew parchment, a quill and ink pot. The same contents I carried in my own satchel. Funny, that. I watched you write, listening to the scratch of quill to paper, looking at your movements then as you waited for the ink to dry. There was something comforting to watch what was so very familiar to you.. almost like a comfort food, but not. Drawn out of my reverie as you spoke and handed me the papers, I released my cup of now cold tea to take it "Thank you. Please let me know when your scribe Daphne, has drawn up the requisite documents" I was excited and wary all at the same time. Wary because.. well.. I always was. Excited because, well, you know.. business and trade! It kept my home alive and that was always a very good thing

06/04/17 01:53)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: I was ignoring the fact that a strange fellow was smiling my way, and remained focused on our conversation. I had of course noticed your gaze as I had written the decree, found them alight with appreciation for the written word. "Thank you as well, Karma. I look forward to an excellent arrangement and wealth gained by both on this venture. Daphne is away for a few days but will return in about a Hand---" I grimaced slightly, for she had been the one insistent on this trip of hers and knowing her past too well, trouble was generally around the corner, which was why I insisted my right hand accompany her. "If you come to the city, she is generally found within the Semnium, otherwise we shall seek you out here." I closed up my pack, the tankard dry of ale and the day grew late for me. "Do you have any questions perhaps?" I decided to ask, while I impressed you took things warily, this I could see in your eyes, I wanted to assure you that I had no intentions of any harm to come by way of your or your compatriots.

(06/04/17 02:00)

says to ...Audere est Facere....: You had a brief disconcerted look about for an ihn, but I paid no nevermind because if it had been something alarming, I'm sure you would have addressed it.. my back thankfully to whatever was going on. To your grimace, I could only gather what that could mean.. as it was usually a rueful sort of gesture one made when trouble could potentially be afoot as I knew the expression well, I said.. "I do hope she returns safely from her travels." I watched you pack up and I remained where I was, fingers lightly rubbing against the feel of the rolled parchment, my head giving a slight shake "No, I have no questions at this time." gathering you were leaving I then said "I look forward to seeing you and your city. I do wish you well Verdict"

(06/04/17 02:03)

...Audere est Facere...

.Verdict Corvus.

says to -+To Thine Own Self Be T: "I'm sure she will. She's just a big --- hard-headed," I replied, giving a slight chuckle. Very few knew the sort of trouble the woman had been. A friend of my slave, her life had been threatened and now she lived under a new guise. I stood up then, lifting my pack to sling over my shoulder. "Very well, Karma. It was nice meeting you and I look forward to our next meeting. I wish you well, Lady Karma."

(unfortunately, I have to rise to head to work at 3:00 a.m. so I must seek sleep. Thanks for the roleplay.)

https://westendtradingpost.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum